Monday, September 25, 2017

Severance

I'm being transferred tomorrow up to east buffalo. The cattaraugus branch has been a really great place to be with a lot of potential. Almost all of the people we are working with right now are people that I have found. I'm going to miss Becky who is working on getting her divorce papers through so she can be baptized.

This week was busy. We were all over the place meeting with a number of people. The branch canceled splits and Ryan, the branch mission leader, had basketball night. We had 20 people there who weren't members. Ryan and I were on a team and we dominated most of it. My companion and I were the smallest ones there because it was all big natives that came. We had fun. 

I found myself out in a orchard in the pitch black next to a graveyard picking apples in the fog this week. I was with a member and my companion was back in the church. The member took a light from one of the grave stones and used that to pick apples. Once in a lifetime experience I'm sure.

We helped a couple move in and we were the only ones that showed up. I ended up having to haul in half the furniture because people like taking breaks for some reason. Their names are the Dupins. They are a funny couple.

This Sunday the Campbell's fed us "dinner" at 2. They had spaghetti for us and I've never used a napkin tucked into my shirt and I'm not about to start. They thought I would for sure get stuff on my white shirt ha. Fortunately I did not inherit that trait from my father.

My new companion will be Elder VizcaƬno who is from Mexico. He is a sick guy so it's going to be good.
my tablets background haha

finding out in the country

Maria's pizza which is the best pizza in the south town's of buffalo

philo (becky's)

the district

No comments:

Post a Comment