Monday, October 16, 2017

Hollow words

Sorry I haven't been talking much. I don't like hollow words so I don't say anything more then what I feel. I hope everyone has been well. Buffalo is a great place. My companion is from Chihuahua mexico from a Mormon colony down there. Him and I are having a good time here in Buffalo.

So this week we had a seventy come to our mission and speak to us. It was Elder Bennett. He talked for 4 hours straight without stopping. It was a super awesome time and he was basically calling us all to repent and become better. Most everyone in this mission is pretty obedient so it's not like we were being called out but they see so much potential in this mission.
Elder Bennett knows every single mission President that is serving right now and he said that he would want his grandchildren serving in this mission because President Evans. Elder Uchtdorf said the same thing about his grandson that is going on a mission soon. I agree with them. President Evans is extraordinary person. He is pretty young for a mission President.

The day before Elder Bennett spoke to us Elder Hershey and I were on splits in my area in east buffalo. We had a pretty good day. We stopped for dinner and a member from Utah came and talked to us. His name is Shawn Owens and he served in Chile when they had that huge earthquake. He is working as a sales man up here and he gave us a list of 20 people to go contact. So this Friday Elder VizcaƬno and i went contacting several of them. We taught one and got return appointments with a couple others. We found a few other people as well. We got a call from a member down in Springville asking us if we could go help him serve his friend who is one of our investigators. We were planning on contacting him this week so of course we were down to go. 

We got picked up early Saturday morning to go roof Jared Branigans house. We ended up roofing from 9am to 9:30pm. Talking with the other Elders we found out we aren't supposed to be on people's roofs.... or using nail guns... oops. We finished scrapping off the old roof, laying down some water and ice lining up the whole roof, and shingling it all. Jared asked me if we had met before because I seemed "familiar". He seemed familiar to me too but I always find people familiar so I didn't think anything about it. He is a really awesome guy. He wants to learn more and he wants his family to learn more too but he was disappointed with the other missionaries which is sad. We are going to start teaching him now.

We are having a follow up zone conference on the meeting with Elder Bennett this week. Things are moving in the Rochester mission.
our first day in buffalo a few weeks ago
My Address is 709 Longmeadow Rd Buffalo New York 14226
riding to Palmyra to be chastised
some guy who anti-ed us in the ghetto so we took a picture with him lol


Elder Bennett's meeting



No comments:

Post a Comment