Monday, September 3, 2018

Returning to the beginning


This week started by us going to transfers and Elder Hill getting his companion Elder Griener. I found out that they were taking the Rav4 back and so I had to put all the stuff in Buffalo YSAs car. I had exchanges with them that day because they are trio training a new missionary as well. So it was Elder Jones and Elder Hawes and I in a trio on buffalo state campus and then UB campus. It was very fun to talk to all the students. For the most part students have better social skills then the adults. 
We taught this Chinese kid who had just got here to America and it was incredibly powerfully. Yan was his name. 

I got my new companion who is Elder Blackham from Moroni Utah. He is cousins with Spencer Blackham who was on lehi's lacrosse team. Elder Blackham is a very personable and charismatic person. I'm pretty sure he is a very good football player. His family has a massive turkey farm down in Moroni.
We found out this Sunday that a lot of the members here are from central Utah.
This is the third time I'm training in a row. 

At transfers President Evans forgot to tell me I was also district leader so I wasn't super prepared for our district council...

We finally got to start teaching Stephanie Snyder this week and we are looking forward to seeing the light of the gospel enter into her life. She is 14 but she looks and acts like a 18 year old.



This transfer is going to be a pretty busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment