Monday, December 3, 2018

The elect hear my voice

Batavia is going to be a great place someday. We have been keeping ourselves busy for sure. There is a baptism of a couple this Saturday which will be awesome to see. They have been meeting with the Elders for a couple months now and we look forward to preparing their kids for baptism towards the end of December.

We got to have zone conference this week and afterward we had exchanges. I got to go down to Warsaw with Elder Bland. It was a great time. But their apartment was wrecked.... so I cleaned a little for them. I got to see the johns family because they fed us which was awesome and then i also got to see the Judkins because sister Judkins needed a blessing. They had some anise cookies which were pretty good.
During the finding I'm pretty sure I had talked to every person before. It was cool to see the change in some of them.

During finding last week in Batavia we had a cool experience. We were talking to this lady at her door and she was saying something and then she paused mid sentence and asked if I was okay. (Pretty normal for me I guess) I must have a resting dead face. Anyways so I said I love what I'm doing and asked if I could share a scripture with her and after I read it she paused and asked her husband to come over and had me read it again. It was cool to see the Spirit work soften her heart.
I know scriptures heal the wounded soul because they are from our Heavenly Father through our Saviour.

Mom: What scripture did you read to her?
Erik: 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Mosiah 14
You can turn almost any scripture into a gospel conversation. Sometimes i ask people to open to a random page and read a random verse and then we talk about how it can answer some of the problems or questions that they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment