Monday, May 8, 2017

The Triple Threat


So we started off this week blitzing our district leaders area in West Seneca for a day. All three companionships in our zone are trios now because of a emergency transfer the Wednesday previous. So there were six of us. Elder Dorsey our district leader, Elder Beardall, and I were together all that day. We got our tire replaced because it popped last P-day in the torrential rain. 

So we got back to Lancaster Tuesday evening and then Wednesday my companions had stake correlation in the afternoon. I went on splits with the Amherst Elders for a few hours. Two weeks ago when my companions were in a meeting I was on splits with the Buffalo YSA Elders and I met a girl named Charlie. She is investigating the church. I talked to her for about an hour after their church meetings while I was waiting for my companions. Anyways that day I found out she wants to get baptized which is super awesome.

Thursday we had weekly planning since MLC was on Friday.
Then Friday they had MLC so I was with the pittsford Elders all day. We knocked doors for a straight 6 hours.

Saturday was our only normal day this week because this Sunday there was a broadcast for all the North and Northeast stakes. Elder Oaks spoke which was cool. It was basically like a mini conference. 

Change is normal and consistent. That's why we feel like saying my week was normal when in actuality everyday is full of change it just usually has a pattern. This is the beat of your life. This week had a different pattern to it which added a melody to my beat. It is like music, some patterns are more pleasing to us and that is when people say they had an awesome week or they are doing great. It can't just be an ascending key pattern or the music has no color to it. And then when you add different sounds that is when you can make something with depth. If you ever feel like your life is boring or to plain, change the melody or beat of your life.

All is well in the promised lands and I wish the same on the lands to the West or to the south it mattereth not for my wishes are the same to all.

-Elder Erik Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment