Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Too busy for P-days

I'm sorry I didn't email yesterday we were taking one of our investigators to the sacred grove.
This week was pretty hectic and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down seeing as today we have three appointments during our P-day lol.

We started out our week having two elders come into our area for exchanges. Elder Stokes and I went with Elder Shaw and tracked all day. No one really talked to us. Meanwhile Elder Beardall was with Elder Judy were killing it. They found a bunch of people. The other Elders went back after dinner.

Wednesday we took Maddy to The sacred grove, the hill Cumorah, and the book of Mormon publication site. It was super cool and she had a great time. We also walked around the temple grounds with her and she got to meet one of the temple presidency. 
Maddie Showalter kindly drove us up there and on the way there and back we talked all about her mission. She got home from Chile last August I believe. The Showalters are all really awesome.
That night I got to go out with my favorite member Brother Daniels. He is from Pleasant Grove Utah but he moved here with his wife and three kids. He is a member of the bishopric. We went and tried to contact some less actives. No luck but we did meet a man named Justin whom we talked to for 20-25 mins and gave him a book of Mormon.

Thursday we had two district meetings because we were giving a training to another district in our zone. We had to drive a ton so not much else happened.
Beside I was asked to speak in church next week.

Friday was kind of a normal day. We went contacting and met a kid named Eddy who dresses up in a blue full body suit, wears a shirt that says free hugs, and goes around and gives people cards with compliments on them. He was only like 17-18 but he was really down to earth. He wanted to come tract with us haha.
We went to a ward game night because someone was bringing non members. I got to teach them all codenames. It was super fun. We then gave a church tour to one of the non members.
I got a call that night letting me know I was actually speaking THIS Sunday.

Saturday was actually our slowest day. We taught a woman named Janyne. she asked us about our church services before we could even invite her. She is awesome. I wrote my talk on the priesthood that night.

Janyne came to church with her daughter Celia. Zach, the kid who was baptized a month ago or so gave a talk. I had a great time giving my talk. I'm glad I got to speak on father's day. It was an amazing experience and I'm thankful I got the opportunity. Brother Showalter said it was the best missionary talk he has heard, but I don't think I beat Elder Beardalls from a few weeks ago. We then proceeded to get drenched in the rain the rest of the day which I liked.

Yesterday we took Kayla to the Sites as well. She is Maddy's friend who wants to get baptized next month. The Sacred Grove was killer again. We had Sister Tucker talk to us at the Hill Cumorah and it was super cool. She has almost the exact same story as Kayla with her parents and things. It really touched Kayla and we are glad we could take her there.

Anyways sorry my email is so long.

The second to last picture is Alvin Smith's gravestone.















No comments:

Post a Comment