Monday, November 13, 2017

The Bluffs of Buffalo

I got my new companion Elder Harvey. We are having a good time in east buffalo. He is a pretty quiet guy. I am trying to sift the wheat of our area book. We have had to drop quite a few people, but we have found several really sincere people. Our new district leader is Elder Hershey. 4 out of the 6 missionaries of our district came out together. Sister Anderson and I. 

We were knocking doors in one of the nicer areas in our area and we had a guy come out and say he wanted us back next week on Thursday and gave us a time. He said his wife just recently died. His name is Zell. We will see how that goes.

On Friday the high was 27 degrees or something... We walked around a lot and got anti-ed twice by Muslim guys. In the evening we went back to the apartment to get coats because my skin was turning purple haha. We went walking to the edge of our area to find a potential. While we were walking there I knocked on a door with the intention of asking them where a address was. Before I could say anything a woman answered and said it was cold out and told us to come in. She offered us hot chocolate and we shared the message of the restoration. The spirit was really strong and we described how we can know this is true. She said that she has never just invited anyone into her home but we had a "warmth about us". Maybe that's why I haven't died from the cold yet. Lol
Her name is Lari (pronounced laurie). She works at the school and coaches track so she is pretty busy but she said we could come back. The potential that we went to go see didn't exist. I know that we were sent over there to find Lari.

I gave a talk in sacrament on visions and revelations and compared it to rock climbing. Prophets are the lead climbers and visions are the anchors that God has given us to use as we climb. 

I hope everyone is well and let me know if I can do anything for you.

 Here is a stupid picture of us about to go biking in the dark freezing night. [He forgot to attach a picture]

No comments:

Post a Comment