Monday, February 5, 2018

The northlands

Oy. I'm still doing well. My area is a little north of the town of Palmyra but we go to the church down in Palmyra by the temple. People here are pretty much the same as everywhere else. 

My companion got really sick early on the week after I got here. We had to go to the hospital for him and he almost had to get surgery apparently because on an infection. I got a lot of time to study the scriptures. The investigators we are working with here are pretty awesome

We got the police called on us once already because we were out finding in the dark. 

We had a awesome experience with a lady who is investigating the church. Her name is Darlene and she is in her 70s. We called her earlier in the week to set up a day to meet and she basically told us she was going to join her aunts church. We went to the lesson with a senior Elder who works at the sites and we taught a little about families and temples. She has a testimony of Joseph Smith and the book of Mormon. I guess we kind of taught a mini restoration but we really just talked about priesthood authority and why God works through order and structure that He organized. It was really powerful and she has a lot of things to ponder. We gave her as simple and plain of a choice as possible. 

Elder Erickson the senior elder went out knocking doors with us and I learned a lot from him. He knows Frank Rudy who lives two doors down from my parents which is cool.

I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment