Monday, January 29, 2018

We head east, to that sunny-D light



I'm leaving Buffalo and heading to Palmyra. This area has changed a ton since I got here and it is so cool to see the work progress. Here are a few highlights.

- I flushed into east buffalo
- we switched to area book 2.0
- we merged our area with Kenmore and flushed that apartment
- we got Facebook
- we had Angels baptism

It was a great time. I'm looking forward to Palmyra.

We had a zone meeting this week that was about technology and the use thereof. It ended up mostly being about President Nelson and his past four talks which have all been about how we gain power in our lives to help others and ourselves. We got preach my gospel chapter 3, a hymn book thing, the proclamation, and the living christ all in Swahili for Anaclet.

This week we had exchanges with Downtown and I got to be companions with Elder Winward. He is a awesome kid and we had a good time but we got wrecked all day that day. We didn't find a single person. Some member we stopped by made us hot chocolate though. We missed our bus home and had to walk there haha.

We had Angels confirmation the Sunday and the sacrament talk was just one guy who talked for 45 mins and it was one of the best talked I've heard here in New York. 

Anaclet didn't make it to church so we weren't able to give him the Swahili stuff.

It's all about the little things

Email in response to me telling him about the fun "friend party" I had after an awful birthday:

Erik: I'm glad you had a good week. It's funny how we always want more then what we have but we haven't even perfected what we do have whether that be a house or a car or knowledge. As we strive to perfect what we do have by keeping everything in order and learning all the facets and perspectives of what we have, then we ultimately gain more.

Thanks for all the things that you provided for me to explore and learn and sorry for not caring for all of it the best I could 

Me:Thanks, Gandalf/Dumbledore.  When did you become so wise? 
Palmyra!  How fun!  I hope you stay there for a few transfers so you can be by the grove in the spring. 
Love you!

Erik: Proverbs 9:9-10
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

I have nothing but scriptures and Jesus the Christ to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment