Monday, April 16, 2018

A mouth of blades

Well the weather keeps hoping from p day to p day so the coldest part of the week is around p day. It rained a lot this week which was nice since its warm enough to rain. It really set the stage for the week because our good friend Chuck dropped us. We got fed about 5 times this week which was awesome. There are awesome members here in Warsaw.

We visited a kingdom hall on Thursday and apparently they had cancelled their church without telling us.... We stood up by while congregations.

Yesterday we were out finding, as we always are, and this man started anti-ing us. Usually I'm really passive and just walk away or just have a civil conversation. This time I got prompted to do something I don't usually do and I rebuked him really quickly and firmly. He was pretty stunned and it wasn't contentious at all. He was talking about us adding to the bible and said we should stick to one book and so I asked him what book he followed in the bible. He answered that it is many books. Realizing his error he switched to our belief on Jesus Christ and that wasn't going to fly with me. I quickly and thoroughly tore apart all the lies about what we believe about my Savior and the spirit was super strong. I know who Christ is and I simply invited him to learn as well. He was pretty stunned and simply said he guessed he didn't know what we believed after all. Not everyone is ready to be taught in such a way but we should always be using the edge of our blade to teach as Christ taught.
The Spirit is definitely quick, and sharper then a two edged sword.

"the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."-Heb 4:12

To mom:
[In response to my complaining about the weather here] Don't even talk about bad weather haha I have been watching the forecast. I would be wearing a white shirt outside in that weather.  It's been hovering just above freezing and it's a good thing because we would have about a foot or two of snow if it was colder. It's been raining for several days. 

[In response to me telling him that I made his dad run 4 miles with me] Haha 4 miles is our 30 min jog every morning. Not this week though because I think I have stress fractures in my ankle so I just hobble a couple miles and then do pushups while my companion finishes his run.

Chuck dropped. I think he is just struggling with some things but he will make it to baptism sometime. He is a great guy.

It's been warm enough to just wear my leather jacket which is nice.

We are having a district p day today in Geneseo that's all

No comments:

Post a Comment