Monday, July 23, 2018

Back into the storm


This week time was a storm rather then the normal placid flow and ebb of the days.

On Tuesday I got to go to Canandaigua with Elder McCune who is training as well so we had to be together until Wednesday. Elder McCune and I killed each other with jokes for a straight 24 hours. We didn't really get to sleep much because we were to busy talking about the doctrine of Christ and the changes that have happened in the mission. Apparently Hawaii is exploding which I didn't know. 

Wednesday we picked up our companions. There is a lot of missionaries coming in but I believe there is still less than 80 missionaries. My companion is Elder Hill from Pennsylvania. He never went to the MTC so he just drove straight up here. He is the middle of 5 kids about 150 pounds and 5'9" with blonde/brown hair. People keep asking g us if we are twins.

Elder Smith from my time in Palmyra is training and being transferred to buffalo so he is in the same boat as me except he has to learn public transport hahaha. I drove them to buffalo from Rochester and so we got to catch up on the way. 

The Niagara falls ward is popping. The two missionaries that were here both went home and they had two baptisms last transfer. One of them was last sunday.. so we are trying to keep up with all the names and places and people. We have the daughter of the recent convert on date for August and several other people that are getting there already. The members have already fed us more then I have been fed anywhere else.

7909 4th ave, Niagara falls, NY 14304

No comments:

Post a Comment