Monday, April 17, 2017

17 April 2017

I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday. Ours was awesome. My companions are Elder Beardall and Elder Holmes. They are zone leaders and we are always busy. I like to finally be doing something but I do miss my MTC district. I was told by Elder Beardall that I'm the most cheerful guy he knows..... that was weird. I also found out I have dimples. Weird stuff. I feel like I'm eating half the time which is new to me. I hope you are all doing well. I will send some pictures and then some more in my weekly email. 


Weekly email

So I left the MTC Tuesday morning. We woke up at 2:30 and cleaned up our room and went to the airport. The previous night we all said goodbye to the two sisters who are going to salt lake. We all went up to salt lake in a bus and then we got our tickets. I stuck with my district even though I wasn't going with them. I made sure everyone got to call home and then I ended up calling a little before I had to go. I flew to Detroit and then Rochester with a bunch of sisters. When we got there we went street contacting and that was fun. That night I still didn't have a companion so I slept alone in the basement of the mission home.

The next morning we got to go see the Hill Cumorah and then walk through the sacred Grove and then we went to go get our companions. I'm in a trio again with the zone leaders. We are over Lancaster. Elder Beardall is from Utah, and Elder Holmes is from Colorado. We then got to work

We have taught a few lessons and we have one kid named Zach who wants to be baptized. His family is Jewish but he has been taking the lessons for a while. He finally turned 18 and is set to be baptized on the 30th. He is an awesome guy but I just met him. Elder Holmes has been in this area for three transfers so he is showing us around and doing work. We are teaching quiet a few people and finding many more with the Easter video and such. There are a lot of nice people here. We get fed dinner here almost everyday. I'm glad to be out here and I hope everyone is okay back home.

The Sacred Grove
























That's where we live


No comments:

Post a Comment