Monday, August 14, 2017

Am I a missionary?

It has been a blessed week. It is transfers tomorrow and we got the transfer emails this morning because our mission President had a meeting yesterday. I still haven't gotten a transfer email because they haven't added me on the list.... I'm very forgettable. I called AP Holmes (who was my first companion mind you) and asked him if I was a missionary. He laughed because that's what I asked him the first transfer when they didn't send me the email.

Elder McCune and I went to springville/arcade to be with our district leader for the day after p-day and all day tuesday. I was companions with elder Judy who is now a zone leader. We had a blast. 

This Thursday I went out with the recent convert Michael Dragoo who just got the priesthood. We went to knock on some doors and people were all strangely considerate. We met this old man named Albert Llewellyn who was interested. We went back this Saturday and met with him and he is super solid. He has done a ton of genealogy. 

This Sunday we had a lot of visitors at the branch. We had about 50-60 people there. It was a super awesome service. The third hour basically turned into a testimony meeting for no reason but it seemed right. After church we were fed by Ira Jones' family. They had a ton of left overs from their son Bryants graduation party. We spent all our time speaking with Bryant about longhouse beliefs (native American religion) and how they match up a lot with the book of Mormon. It is pretty crazy. Bryant showed us his super sick ceremonial longhouse clothing. With his feather hat. The Seneca tribe only has one feather going straight up. Each tribe has a different arrangement. 

Bryant got to play some lamanite in the new book of Mormon videos. It's going to be sooo sick.

Elder McCune is leaving me here in Gowanda and heading to be with Elder Dorsey in the Rochester YSA ward. 

Only when we happen to have a guitar around right after church do we remember to take pictures haha.







No comments:

Post a Comment