Monday, July 24, 2017

Hay is for horses

Hello everyone. I'm still doing well here in New York. The country out here is beautiful. Very green. Apparently there were some tornados in my area this week. I wish I got to see them. It reminds me of how much I love just exploring the countryside and contemplating. 

Anyways this week was fine. I met another recent convert who was out of town. Her name is Brittany. She is a single mother of 6 children, the oldest of which is 9 and is also a recent convert. She was out of town for funerals. She had three more deaths in her family in the past three weeks. That makes 6 this year so far. Its quite sad but she seems pretty upbeat still. Her children are super fun and excitable, a handful I'm sure.

We helped the Sternisha's haul about 210 bales of hay. We took it in two loads and used a conveyor to throw them in the top floor of his barn. It was a really wet spring so hay has grown very well this year. Brother Sternisha said it's about 100 bales per acre instead of the normal 75 per acre. Super nostalgic from my childhood with my neighbors horses. Parker Smith and I would make tunnels through their stack of bales. Its been a long time.

I ended up getting to go see pageant with Becky and her boyfriend Dave. Dave has never spoken to us missionaries but he agreed to drive us all up to Palmyra. Its was a really great way to share the story of the book of Mormon. Mormon came up and spoke to us before the show started which was cool. Some woman came up and asserted that she was going to take a picture of us and send it to our mothers. So that happened and of course I had some Dr pepper I was finishing up with me in the picture \,,/ we got home at about 1:30 am.

All the Jones' were in town this Sunday so almost half our branch were Jones'. Bill Jones lives in Heber Utah and is just in town for a few weeks during the summer. All the Jones' are so chill. There is Hook Jones and his family. Ira Jones and his family. And then Bill Jones who's family stayed in Utah. They are all brothers.

Sooo these are the only pictures I have this week. 
My legs are from last week so it's a little worse then that now.
The second picture is my last zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment