Monday, July 3, 2017

Lamentations of Lancaster

This week was my last week in Lancaster. I am going down to Gowanda with the Seneca Indian reservation. My new companions name is Elder Mcune, and he is pretty awesome. I've been on exchanges with him before. He is from Hawaii.

This last week in Lancaster was interesting. So last month the whole mission went over on miles and we all felt pretty bad so we cut down everyone's miles a little. Because some unusual circumstances we ended up getting a far lower cap then we were anticipating and it was already towards the end of the month. So we ran out of miles. We walked almost everyday all day. One day we ended up going 18 miles.we walked 8 miles to a members house and then we walked back in 2 hours. It felt good to actually work my legs but my companions were dying. 
I got to go on exchanges with Elder Nelson one more time before he left to go to Niagara falls. We taught Maddy while we were blitzing so it was her and our district so we jokingly did a mock district meeting with a opening song and prayer with a spiritual thought. We did a book of Mormon read as a district with her and it was a very enlightening study.

Later this week we got a text from Maddy asking if we could meet and that she had something to tell us. We met her at the church and she told us she wants to go on a mission. She said she was driving in her car home from the beach and her car audio went out suddenly. She didn't know why but she was thinking about school and wondering what she was going to do since she doesn't feel like the college she chose is the right one. So she was thinking about it and she said she could just transfer after one year at that school. Right when she thought this she said she heard a voice say "then you can go on your mission" and the Spirit hit her really hard. She was kind of stunned and then the car audio suddenly fixed itself....
We were really shocked as well because after the first meeting with her, when we were getting into the car elder Beardall said "she would make such a killer missionary" and we all agreed. It just felt right. That was almost three months ago now.

This weekend we were going to finally have a lesson with Kayla. Sunday morning we got a text from Maddy at like 1 am saying her mom was lecturing her on organized religion. So that wasn't cool, but then at like 8 we got a call from her and she said Kaylas mom was yelling at Kayla when she went to pick Kayla up. Then Maddy said Kaylas mom was yelling at her too, so that was completely inappropriate. We all felt really sorry for them both but Maddy and Kayla are both stellar. We called Kayla that evening and a mini lesson with her over the phone. We found out she fasted even though we didn't even think to remind her about it or anything. She still plans to be baptized on July 22nd ^-^

Anyways today I finally bought a lacrosse stick which I'm pumped for even though I won't use it much I have missed having one around. I hope everyone is learning and finding the things that make life a little sweeter.

Maddy Zmuda came over early in the morning to give us missionary cookies to celebrate the good news.

My mother sent me some sick U.S. socks and a tie

I got my mission lacrosse stick and now I'm working on stringing it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment